Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Taking A Little Break...

Wow, for a while there I thought I was getting my groove back but I haven't been able to sew for quite some time. It's so frustrating because I'm so close, like 2-3 hours away (including hand sewing the inner waistband and the hem) from finishing my first Grainline Moss. You know how it's taken me forever to get to this point.

Two weeks ago, my father fell ill and was in the hospital for nearly that whole time. He's been home since last Thursday. Since I work a weird part-time schedule I was stopping by the hospital before and after work to spend time with him and spending the majority of my days off there too. Now that he's home, he still needs some care, though to be honest, sometimes I think he's milking it a bit.

I'm still finding little blocks of time to check out your blogs and your makes because it's my only joy right now. So everybody else, keep sewing and showing me what I could be doing! The McCall Pattern company trip and MPB Day make me envious but happy that others got to enjoy those events. One day, one day...

Hopefully, my Dad will keep improving and our schedules can get back to normal. Take care!

8 comments:

Summer Flies said...

I hope your Dad gets better quickly. My Dad has been sick and it takes time and it's hard. Anyway I hope you get some moments to finish your skirt.

Angela said...

I'm sorry about your Dad and hope he recovers quickly. Sometimes it helps me if I have a little hand project, even embroidering a dish towel. Something portable that I can work on here and there.

Linda T said...

Being the caregiver can be time consuming and stressful. Hope you Dad continues to improve so you can get back into your routine. Don't forget to take care of yourself while taking care of him.

Faye Lewis said...

Hope your Dad gets all better real soon and you are able to get back to the machine.

golden star said...

Speedy recovery for your dad! Good that you are spending time together.

Kyle said...

Hi Lisa,
Sending healing energy to your dad and comforting energy to you!
Kyle

Mugsy's in Stitches said...

Wow, am I ever late in commenting! I'm so sorry to hear your Dad's unwell - but glad to hear he's getting better and back at home.

Remember to take care of yourself in the mean-time, and not to worry about the sewing - it'll still be there when you get back to it :)

shams said...

Hope your dad is better soon. All the best!