Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Spending My Time Wisely When Sick

Over the last few weeks I've been fuzzy-headed, coughing, and congested with a long bout of sinusitis. Not being able to concentrate most of that time, I spent my non-working hours watching a lot of TV and reading a few books. Here are the ones I enjoyed, you should check them out.

TV

Difficult People a Hulu Original Series

Lark Rise to Candleford

Playing House (USA)

Odd Mom Out (BravoTV)

Agatha Christie's Marple - loving this one, 23 episodes!

Music

The Civil Wars = which I listen to in large doses before the dark imagery and atmosphere gets to me and I must seek out something fun and happy.




To experience the dark side of southern love, you can also check out their Civil Wars, Barton Hollow, and The Civil Wars: Unplugged on VH1. It's amazing to believe this duo met, gained fame, and crashed in less than four years, 2009-2012.

Books

Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn

Dark Places by Gillian Flynn (also a motion picture with Charlize Theron)

In The Woods by Tana French (part of the Dublin Murder Squad series)

The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling (also a BBC series)

* Streamed through Hulu

4 comments:

SewTypical said...

Thanks for posting these reading / watching ideas... good ones!
If you enjoy Gillian Flynn, you might like
The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
I really enjoyed it.

Hope you feel better soon!
Chris

www.pinkelstar.com said...

Please have lot of rest and recover faster! It is so nice to read something new and interesting from you!

Kyle said...

Sorry to hear you've been sick! Feel better soon!

Mugsy's in Stitches said...

Cursed flu annoyance!! I hope you're better very soon! :) Another TV series you might want to take a peek at - "Ms. Fisher's Murder Mysteries", and Aussie program set in the mid to late 1920's. Ms. Fisher is a very "Modern Millie", and the fashions are amazing... :)

May your Thanksgiving / Black Friday / Cyber Monday weekend be great!