Tuesday, March 07, 2017

Hmmm, Which One To Buy?

  McCall's 7551

  McCall's 8164

I could also buy both and graft the perfect bib of 8164 to the adapted wider legs of 7551. But I don't even know when I would get to making these. Is it worth having another project breathing down my neck?

I am also the strongest advocate of practical dressing, so really, two pairs of overalls, aka Satan's playsuit? What is happening to me?

Update: As it turned out, while searching Etsy I found a copy of McCall's 7551 and put in my shopping cart while I was debating if I was even going to publish this post. Weeks later, it was still there and numerous searches on Etsy and eBay found no other copies of it available so I chose to see it as a sign and received it two days ago.


I don't know when it will happen but I no longer have an excuse not to make these. In fact, my copy is also a larger size, so I have no excuse ever.

Images: FantasyLinen.com, ASOS.com

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I look forward to seeing your version! My sister also made these recently in the long version if you want to see them on another body type (She's slimmer and much more straight up and down than I am) https://spareroomstyle.wordpress.com/2017/02/14/linen-lilac-lounge-love/

Summer Flies said...

Oh make them Lisa. I think they'll look great. I can't wait to see them.