Monday, March 21, 2011

Tonal Colors

Again, a look I'm really loving...no black or nearly no black color combinations in clothing. As a girl who has been wearing black forever, I really think as I get older I want to bring more color into my wardrobe. I already have it all over my home, so why not? These examples are from APiece Apart.

Update: Today I am wearing a chocolate brown skirt, royal purple turtleneck, mossy green jacket and the only black I'm wearing are my tall boots. Hurrah!


Fall/Winter 2009

Spring/Summer 2010

Fall 2011 (my fave!)

2 comments:

The Slapdash Sewist said...

Great inspiration photos! I rarely wear any solid black pieces at all, and almost never all black. I need color in my life!

lsaspacey said...

Lucky you. You don't know how hard it is for me to get dressed without using black for major clothing items. Sure my goal is to not sew anything black anymore but with the tights, shoes, jackets, and pants I already own it's going to take some time to replace those things.