Ta da! I actually cut a new muslin (#3) out of a bright yellow linen for what I hope are the last tweaks to this pattern. The goal now is to perfect the waistband to fit the new and customized yoke and skirt.
I made a big change to this muslin. If you notice in the picture at the top of the post, the original waist dipped down in the front. It was a little lower than I felt comfortable. Though this is what the designer intended, where it was, the fit of the skirt would be very dependant on the comparative "poof" of my belly and it's many fluctuations. I decided to raise the skirt front 1/2" on all the pertinent pattern pieces, effectively raising the waistband just in the front.
|That new and improved back yoke pattern in use.|
I also measured and added some length to the front waistband sections as some reviewers had said the original was not long enough. I have
No wonder it was not fitting tighter at the waist, it should get narrower towards the top! So, now on to the final fabric! Finally.
Where I am now:
I think the only hiccup was the front section of my waistband. Hopefully, it is now fixed.
|See how straight that side seam is now!|
I like the idea that if I were wearing a shirt on top you would have no idea there were any problems at all. If all else fails...
The color in these two pictures is more accurate of this near fluorescent yellow fabric.
Messing With My Moss Muslin Part 1
More On My Moss Muslin, Part 2
*I know that is why I haven't cut into my polka-dot moleskin for my highly desired and wardrobe changing duster coat!