Monday, June 09, 2014

What I'm Liking Right Now...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fresh_Meat_(TV_series)

*Hulu's vast selection of British situation comedies and dramas that are FREE to view. I have been binge-watching one after another. Right now, I am watching Fresh Meat about uni (college) students in group housing. It has some great laughs, some great characters (Vod, Howard, Sabine) but its rampant promiscuity or lack of awareness when in comes to sex kicks off my "old woman on porch'" or the GET OFF MY LAWN! genes. The story has a "will they, won't they" couple who can not stop sleeping with other people. Arrgggh!

Past series I've watched on free Hulu and now highly recommend: MirandaThe Wrong Mans, Moone Boy, The IT Crowd, manstrokewoman (Man/Woman), Scott & Bailey, and the animated genius of Stressed Eric.


*Heather's hilarious recaps of "I Want To Marry Harry" (she watches - so I don't have to!) on GoFugYourself.com. Besides her observations on some of the most clueless American women, she also points out signs that the show is produced very cheaply despite having to portray the lifestyle of someone who is fourth in line for the crown of England! Her recaps are so good, I'm sometimes tempted to actually watch the show. Not.


*Library books to read, if I can ever stop watching Hulu:

The Truth About Style by Stacy London of  TLC's "What Not To Wear"
Grace: A Memoir by Grace Coddington, the creative director of Vogue magazine.
The Opposite of Fate by Amy Tan (a non-fiction book about her life before and after The Joy Luck Club).\
Coconut shell purse detail

*The most gorgeous coconut shell handbag for $40 seen for sale at a Cracker Barrel restaurant, of all places! The purse (# 453805) isn't on their website anymore but you can see a similar coconut bead belt they sell here. I have never seen a handbag in person and wanted it like this. Ever. In a magazine spread yes, but never in a store. Except for the cloth ones I've made, my purses were all gifts. I've bought briefcase-like bags and totes but never a pretty handbag for myself. This one had short enough straps that it could be worn on the shoulder and nestles up under the arm perfectly, it was the perfect size.  I just got a job but I have no justification for buying it and really nowhere to wear it. Man, it was beautiful! Update: Weeks later, it went on sale...I bought it.

1 comment:

Kerry said...

I love the British and Australian tv offerings!