I have been reading sewing blogs though, and that just might be the problem. I have been reading so many blogs and marveling at other sewist projects, yet dragging my feet on my own. I got sick a few weeks ago and ended up with 160 unread posts and am only now down to only 5. So I am going through my bloglovin' queue and shedding some blogs, mostly that don't reflect my style OR don't inspire me with their imagination or use of different techniques. For example, Shams of Communing With Fabric and I don't have style in common besides Vogue 8712, but I love what she creates for herself and have to see what she gets up to, Lara of Thornberry's use of colorful fabric and interesting shapes amazes me, and Barbara from Sewing on the Edge's flypaper thoughts have me laughing out loud. So, I have a feeling I will still have a fairly large list of blogs left, but just the ones I really enjoy. Marie Kondo, take note.
So, that is where my Sew-Jo went.
- I just finished McCall's 6886 in a striped ponte and can't wait to show you.
- I am this close to finishing up that vintage Simplicity 5289 that resembles Peggy Olson's dress from the last season of Mad Men. I just have hems, neckline, and decorative top-stitching to do.
- I cut out a graphic Black & White mod-look skirt from Simplicity 1163, this will be my next project.
- Following that, I will be attempting a pair of pants, but what type, I'm still not sure of. I have many pattern/fabric bundles already, but I just have to make up my mind. Slim-fitting knit, stretch woven jeans, legging-like with seam detail, or drapey woven with volume at the hips and tapered legs...
- I've been reading a lot of books on my Nook: Dirty Blonde by Lisa Scottoline, Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple, and Blame by Michelle Huneven.
- I've been watching a huge amount of comedies on Hulu: Korean series Marry Me or Not? and Britcoms No Heroics (no longer available on the site), and Lost in Austen.
- Been watching some regular TV too: iZombie (CW), Mom (CBS), Teachers(TV Land) and last but not least,is anyone watching You, Me, and the Apocalypse? I am loving this show and developing a deeper crush on Brit Mathew Baynton (The Wrong Mans, Spy) in his dual roles of a mild-mannered banker and his psychotic cyberterrorist/kidnapper twin. You should definitely check it out, it's available on NBC and Hulu. It also stars Jenna Fischer, Rob Lowe, and Megan Mullally. It is a joint USA/Britain project ( I vote for more of these!) and I hope it gets another season/series.
- Also been watching a lot of movies on Hulu (Hmmm, I think I'm seeing the real time-zapper culprit now.) I've seen: In a World..., Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit, and Mortecai(WHY?!?, this thing stunk so bad, everyone but Paul Bettany should be ashamed. His long suffering, over-sexed thug/hard man was hilarious and such a departure that it took me longest time to even recognize him.)
Well, I think that's about all. I will be posting about my finished dress when I get photos and you should expect more posts in the near future. I just reached 300 followers! a week ago, so thank you so much for reading my little blog!