I rarely shop, but I have actually seen lots of pieces as inspiration in online clothing stores; Dace, Eliza Gran, Jovovich-Hawk, Le Train Bleu, Mela Purdie, Red Dress Shoppe, Saltwater, Tulle, and Banana Republic. I have also seen many pieces I may want to recreate among the designers at Nordstrom.
This is my plan for winter to spring 2008:
- A few long-sleeved shirts and dresses based on modified smock designs w/gathered or pleated necklines. I will be adapting/using these two patterns:
Simplicity 3835, from the Built By Wendy collection and Vogue 8392.
- This Simplicity 9825 skirt in a black corduroy I bought a few years ago.
- This shirt from Vogue 8392 and in this great print fabric.
- This Simplicity 4111 pattern (view B) in the same red stretch suede as this Simplicity 1560 skirt and also in this sweet Denyse Schmidt print, Posie in turquoise.
- A variation of Simplicity 4112 view B. I want to make something similar to this Karen Walker blouse. However, I would prefer to use this vintage Simplicity 5112 pattern below. Imagine, no buttons, just a wrap-around tie? How incredible! I will keep looking for the pattern. I should have bought it when I first saw it!
- This Butterick 4948 pattern made out of a great red corduroy or a gray wool flannel. However, with multiple fabrics and a little bit of shaping, this pattern could easily replicate this Sabyasachi dress from Spring 2007.