Well, I bought 8 yards of muslin for, well, muslins (or toiles)!
- Finish taking my measurements according to Fast Fit.
- Flat-pattern measure to see if any adjustments are needed to pattern before cutting.
- Trace pattern markings onto muslin pieces.
- Cut with wider than normal seam allowance for possible alterations.
- Sew the muslin using wide basting stitches.
- Try a gathered neckline from Simplicity 3835, instead of the pleated one.
- Lengthen the sleeves and loosen the elastic to resemble the Noa Noa design above
- Narrow the width of the sleeve and have them be full length.