Saturday, January 19, 2008

First Sewing of the New Year

Now, back to more fun posts!


Vogue 8392

Well, I bought 8 yards of muslin for, well, muslins (or toiles)!
  • Finish taking my measurements according to Fast Fit.
  • Flat-pattern measure to see if any adjustments are needed to pattern before cutting.
  • Trace pattern markings onto muslin pieces.
  • Cut with wider than normal seam allowance for possible alterations.
  • Sew the muslin using wide basting stitches.
Since I will be starting with muslins now, I can play around with the different details before the final. Here are some options I might try with this shirt in the muslin stage:

  • Try a gathered neckline from Simplicity 3835, instead of the pleated one.
  • Lengthen the sleeves and loosen the elastic to resemble the Noa Noa design above
  • Narrow the width of the sleeve and have them be full length.

No comments: