Thursday, December 31, 2009

Ending 2009

Sewing-wise:
 Me at the Virginia House.

I only bought a few notions, a few yards of extra knit fabric from the niece project, some lining fabric for this Colette pattern, and four vintage patterns. I even sold some four yards of my stash fabric so I was pretty good.

I was amazed at how my feelings about sewing are different than they used to be; I LOVED sewing when I was younger, the more difficult a project, the better. Now I have no patience....NO patience whatever! It's amazing. I hope in the new year I will get that love back as I can't keep away from a good sewing blog but with that comes disappointment in myself. Not particularly healthy, no?

Life-wise:

In 2009, after five years, I finally went to all the doctors one is supposed to see regularly like your dentist, etc. Which proves without a doubt that I've been scared to really live my life since I moved back here. That crap is going to stop in 2010.

Happy New Year!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy new year to you, lisa! i wish you the very best in 2010!

Shannon said...

Happy New Year!

Mariela Alethia said...

Happy New Year. As a healthcare practitioner I am glad you made it to the doctors for your check-up. Hopefully, your love of sewing will return soon.

julia said...

It's great that you are taking care of yourself! Happy 2010!

Nishant said...

would influence the coming year. I want to stop doing that, as it's a lot of pressure, but every year or so it turns out eerily so.

Work from home India

A DC said...

I love the dress you're wearing...you fit right in to the vibe of the Virginia House and look very regal. :)

You also got a lot done this year..yay!