I know that I've been talking about this 12 in 2012 vow. Well, I didn't make it, according to my ever-changing wardrobe plan, I only completed 10 of those items. However, in terms of creative output I created so much more. So from here out all plans are fluid, just like life. Whatever I create is a triumph because in the past few years I've spent less time on exercising my creative side (I was an art major!) than I would have liked.
This is my actual list of 2012 creative accomplishments:
- Pattern Runway Pattern Mash-up Gray Skirt
- Built By Wendy Corduroy Skirt from Sew U
- McCall's 4632 Boxy Blouse
- My first wooden bead necklace
- Burdastyle Irmchen's Twisted Drape Top
- Grainline Studio Scout Woven Tee #31002
- A pair of strappy sandals made from Old Navy flip flops.
- My second, more elaborate wooden bead necklace.
- My first quilt; pieced, bound, and completed in four weeks.
- Grainline Studio Tiny Pocket Tank #31001
- New Look 6939 Shift Dress in an Alexander Henry print
- Vogue 9772 Swiss Dot Summer Tops (2)
- A men's necktie from a Purl Bee blog tutorial
- Initiated a successful meet-up and fabric/pattern swap of Beltway-based (VA-MD-DC) sewing bloggers.
- Vogue 9745 Flat Front Pants
- Simplicity 5190 fall-flavored floral faux-wrap frock
- Two children's jumper dresses and two tops, made from fleece and New Look 6911 (OOP)
Therefore, I feel really good about last year. In terms of creative output I accomplished an item per month, at least. Looking forward to 2013. Expect to see more projects you've already heard about (ad nauseam!) and some you haven't.
Oh and I almost forgot, I also graduated from college!!!