Tuesday, October 16, 2012

VA/DC/MD Blogger Meet-Up, Anyone?

Hey, I'm finally getting myself out in public after years of pinching my pennies and staying close to home because of school and lack of funds. I missed out on all the New York meet-ups and even that Philadelphia PR Weekend, which really upset me because I have family there.

So I'm interested in some sort of meet-up of all the Virginia/D.C./Maryland sewing bloggers that I now know of. The number is much higher than I originally thought. (Oh, if you know of any others, please let me know!)

District of Columbia:
Slapdash Sewist IN
A Little Sewing IN

Maryland:
Miss Celie's Pants IN
Smunch IN
Lemony Fresh

New Jersey:
Vacuuming The Lawn Tentative IN

Virginia:
Sew Many Happies
Sew Tawdry IN
As I Said… IN
Sewing Steady IN
Danville Girl Sewing Diary
Gotcha Covered IN
Such a Strange Girl (just found another one!) IN

Are any of you guys interested?

Unfortunately, we don't have that many Virginia options for shopping except for the G Street Fabric locations but I think when ever sewing bloggers get together it's more about the camaraderie and meeting someone interested (or obsessed!) with the same things that you are. Am I right? In addition, G Street does have that $2.75 table, not even Joann or Hancock has fabric that cheap!

Before making any further plans, I first want to know who is interested in meeting up?

11 comments:

greytone said...

Hello Isaspacey!....
Because I now live in northern Virginia, I would certainly like to participate!

I would even be willing to go on a bus trip to New York....!

I certainly hope you hear from the other invitees....{{grin}}

lsaspacey said...

Cool! I added you to the list!

Kathie said...

I read Robin's most recent posts right before reading this one and she mentioned the same thing at the end of this entry!
http://alittlesewing.blogspot.com/2012/10/burda-06-2008-129-pretty-dress.html


(Just call me the little ole matchmaker!)

smunch said...

That would be really fun, I'm definitely interested

lsaspacey said...

Kathie, Thanks! I had NO idea Robin lived nearby! Just added her to the list.

a little sewing said...

yes, count me in!

Audrey said...

I love meet ups. Thanks for the invite. I am willing to drive if it turns into a road trip.

Jamie said...

Found my way to your little space of the internet (yay!) and this is the first post I saw. I'm in NoVa and this would be AWESOME! I had no idea there was so many of us here, either. I would totally be into this.

merry-one said...

I'm a blog reader (have been for years....) but I'm in. Found you from Robin's blog.

Mary

Kyle said...

I'm actually in NJ but love that I'm honorary MD!!

Lisette M said...

I'm in MD and would love to meet up.
http://lacubanitacose.blogspot.com

Thanks to Kyle for the heads up!