Friday, April 23, 2010

Give Me Liberty!



#1379 Umbrella in Brown; #1382

Last week, somebody was looking for Liberty of London prints on corduroy. Out of all the sewing blogs I read weekly (just check my blog list at right, that's not all of them either) I can't remember who it was, so this found via Sew Liberated is for everyone:

B & J Fabrics in New York carries Liberty of London prints (266 different ones) on tana lawn, jersey, twill, and my fave, corduroy!!! Also, they sell online store with free ground shipping!




#1548; #1400; #781

8 comments:

Tasia said...

Ooh thanks for the tip! I love Liberty prints :)
Hope they ship to Canada... although, I'm probably safer if they don't!

Anonymous said...

Great post title. I'm also Liberty fan (who isn't?), and I was so excited when Meg mentioned on Sew Liberated about the corduroys! Someday I'll get the will to cut into the one yardage of Liberty print that's mine, but so far I psych myself out every time I get an idea. The stuff's too precious to waste.

Bootzey said...

Will someone please explain to me what a "liberty print" is?

lsaspacey said...

SLSPE: Liberty of London is the name of the company. Though the designs have changed over the years to now include more modern and graphic prints, a "Liberty" print is typically known as a delicate multi-floral print done in pale colors on a thin cotton fabric. Check the link I provided and you will see that that describes the majority of their designs.

Mary Nanna said...

how very very cruel of you to introduce me to this site. Liberty + cordoruy = credit card max.

I can see some serious damage being done in my near future.

Hope you make something gorgeous so I can live vicariously.

Gretchen the Household Deity said...

Oooh, I love that first print the best.

lsaspacey said...

Oh, the first one is my favorite too, I can see a 1930's inspired dress made out of that!

Anonymous said...

Oh, these prints are fantastic!