Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Mini-Wardrobe Contest Hitch or Salvation?

Okay, even though there were some adminstrative problems with the final date of PatternReview.com's Mini-Wardrobe contest I still got it even more wrong. I thought the deadline was Midnight last night, Tuesday!

But it didn't matter because about 4PM on Sunday I decided to give up on making the deadline. And guess what? I then did the most work on it that I'd done all week. I started on piece #3, the pullover dress. But that didn't matter because I still didn't have enough time to finish it and the vintage top, did I?


Well, now the contest deadline has officially been announced as Midnight Thursday.

Do I dare? I still don't have a storyboard or whatever they're called. I'm not that graphics handy actually. So does anybody have any ideas on how to do a storyboard, a tutorial maybe?

So...we'll see. Stay tuned.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! The contest rules say a storyboard is optional, so if you want to save time you can just make a composite of the outfit photos. That said, a storyboard might be that extra something you want, or a good way to organize your thoughts. If that's the case, here's a Pattern Review thread about making storyboards:
http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/sewingclasses/board.pl?t=41920

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

You don't need a storyboard, but you do need a composite photo - showing 4 different outfits from your garmets. The composite is easy enough to do in Picasa - just click the 4 photos you want and make a collage and save. Good luck finishing. I have my 4 pieces mostly done - just hemming on 1 sleeve left - but I am not sure I will have time to do the reviews/photos/composite. Still, the sewing part has been fun. Cheers! Evelyn

Anonymous said...

I have no idea how to use computer graphic tools. But go for the contest!

Antoinette said...

Dare! Good luck if you choose to accept this mission! :)

Gretchen the Household Deity said...

I hope you're getting close! The lining for my last skirt didn't arrive so I took it as a sign. I hope you do better than me.