Friday, March 05, 2010

Some Pretty-Pretty for the Weekend

Glamour April 1952


I found this picture on Bygonefashion at LiveJournal. I not only loved the picture but also the concept description posted by dovima_is_devine. Here it is, as posted in her Flickr stream:
"11 women are assembled on a carefully constructed set. Each wears a spring look in green or blue, all of which mimic various elements in the atmosphere. Evening gowns, party dresses, and even beachy shorts ensembles mix and mingle as each model adopts an attitude entirely her own, as if she is the only focus in the photograph."
If you click on the picture and the links to see more, be careful! Both the Bygonefashion group and Dovima's 97 (!) vintage fashion sets on Flickr are highly addictive!

2 comments:

Gretchen the Household Deity said...

That is a gorgeous shot.

And a totally random, I thought of you when I read this article in the NYT. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/11/magazine/11Calories-t.html There is no way I could do restricted calories (i rely on exercise, which is second best according to the article), but it looks like you'll be living forever.

Anonymous said...

I love this so much. But then again, I'm a sucker for green.