Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Frankenshirt Done! - Simplicity 3835/Vogue 8392



It's done!

Unfortunately, it feels underwhelming because I actually finished it a month ago in muslin and it doesn't feel new anymore. But it is lovely, isn't it? I will have to get used to this muslin/draft idea, I guess.

I'm going to try to take some better pictures later but I just wanted to get it documented that it's basically done. What?

Yeah, it is not done yet. I used the 3/4" elastic in the sleeves that the Vogue 8392 pattern suggests versus the 1/4" elastic I used in the muslin and that was suggested for the Simplicity 3835 top's short sleeves. I think I'm going to change back to 1/4" because this seems so bulky where the muslin's sleeves seemed almost like balloons; they kept their shape but barely touched my arms.

What the colors really looks like.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I like it!

Christina said...

That's a great top!

drwende said...

It is indeed lovely, and very YOU.

scb said...

It's great!!! The practicing on muslin is an excellent idea -- I have made things in the past that should have fit, but didn't, when I got them finished. So frustrating.

Yay.

puglyfeet said...

OMG! I love it. My jaw dropped when I saw it... charming silhouette, lovely fabric.