Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today is my birthday and I have a little gift for you:

I can't remember how I found this man or his cool invention but I've saved the url address for years. You have to try Paul Sadowski's Birthday Calculator! You input the month, day, and year of your birth and you will receive the strangest compendium of facts associated with that date.

Things I found out:


  • One of the top songs in 1969 was In the Year 2525 (Exordium and Terminus) by Zager and Evans. Well, this has been a favorite song of mine* ever since I heard the 1983 new wave/new romantic version by Visage when I was in college.
  • As an Aquarius, the Amethyst is considered my birthstone. However, I've never been a fan of that lavender color (too close to pink) and instead in my adulthood found that I loved the milky iridescence of the Moonstone. Well, this calculator lists the Moonstone (along with Onyx and Bloodstones) as an alternative birthstone for my sign.

Spooky...

*along with the stylistically similar song; 1957's Kisses Sweeter Than Wine by Jimmie Rodgers, of which the 1991 Ann Magnuson/Bongwater version is my favorite.)

7 comments:

Mella DP said...

Happy Birthday Lisa!

Cool link - apparently it's exactly 200 days until my birthday! (And my age is equivalent to that of a dog that is 4.21 years old...)

Gretchen the Household Deity said...

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Lisa, happy birthday!

Antoinette said...

HBD! :)

MsMica said...

Happy Birthday!!!

cidell said...

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Belated Happy Birthday!