Friday, February 27, 2009

Used to be Super Crafty all the time...

Sorry, I haven't posted this week. Not that I haven't been busy thinking about projects. I just haven't been able to do any hands on work.

Well, I did finally finish some scarves for my sisters and BILs but the light wasn't there to fully photograph them. Luckily (or unluckily) the weather is cooperating so that they can still get some use out of them this winter.

I have a baby shower tomorrow at 2 and I haven't started the gift yet! The mother-to-be was present at another friends shower 16 months ago and loved the gift I made; one of these Wee Wonderful dolls. So I want to make her one but I just found out the baby's sex and nursery colors (below) recently.

Circo Brown Flowers

I have the fabrics already but I don't really want to rush this project and the baby still has three more weeks inside. So, I'm going to make a cute IOU card showing what the completed doll will look like.

I'll also be making another Wee Wonderful for a shower at the end of March where the nursery (for a girl) will be in blue , brown, and other TBA colors. So strangely, I'll actually be making these in typical baby colors this time (pink and blue) though I hope my accent colors will still play with tradition.

Graco Melbourne

Hopefully, by this time next week I'll have some in-progress photos of my projects to show you. Have a great weekend!

No comments: