Saturday, February 14, 2009

My First Party Here

The party was a success. The guest list was smaller because some people couldn't make it and the smallest children were ill and stayed home, but we still had fun. There were pastel cupcakes on a transported cupcake stand (brought by my guests), eggs with mozzarella/cheddar cheese and spinach, English muffins, and hash browns. Regular orange juice and (my favorite) orange/pineapple juice for cool drinks and mint green tea and more Madagascar Vanilla Red tea for hot.

I spent the morning waaaayyyy behind. I was still arranging furniture, storing things away, and doing laundry just hours before the arrival time. In fact, I left some clothes in the dryer downstairs until after guests left, 3 hours later. I didn't even start cooking until after the first guest arrived. Next time, I will definitely cook in advance and have food warming in the oven. Even though I have many planning books by the likes of Matthew Mead and Katie Brown, I guess I'm just not that girl. Perhaps once I get some help for my major procrastination problem I can deal with things like place settings and themed decorations.



A friend brought her new camera; a Canon G10, and took some pictures of my little trinkets and stuff. Suddenly my place looked like it belonged on Desire to Inspire or some other blog with beautiful interior shots. In fact, her camera made all the colors more vivid. With my apartment full of yellow green, blues, red, and orange these pictures were great! I wouldn't recognize my own place. I feel so much better in my apartment. With the new arrangement I can now walk from end of the apartment to the other without bumping into things and knocking stacks of papers on the floor.


children, cupcakes, & color

There is nothing better than arranging for people to come over to get you motivated to clean your home...in a hurry!

Images: michellebarte.com

1 comment:

Antoinette said...

Looks like a LOVELY time. Your place is gorgeous! I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself. My husband and I used to joke and now say in earnest that the best way to get the whole house clean is to throw a party!