Friday, July 04, 2008

Marc Jacobs Bias Skirt - Vogue 2068



I don't know if I'm going to find another vintage top to make from my stash anytime soon but I decided this skirt is my next garment.



I had planned to make this with a certain fabric since November so it is part of some sewing plan, just not the mini-wardrobe. Hopefully, I'll have something to show you soon. Edit: I've sewn the side seams, so it is officially in progress! I remember that it was incredibly easy; easy enough that I actually have two already in my wardrobe and I usually don't make any time consuming or difficult things twice.

The ingenious elastic waistband is the selling point for the skirt. I had to alter it a bit by add a tiny bit to the width (tiny, because it is on the bias) and quite a bit more to the length, because get this, the skirt length according to the pattern is 16 3/4".

Yup, not gonna happen.

I love how they show it as part of a business wardrobe. Maybe for the offices of Vogue magazine but not for the majority of offices in the U.S.

2 comments:

Amy Bailes said...

That is SHORT! I like the line drawing of the top - have you made it before?

lsaspacey said...

Yes, I've made the top, it's construction is also very cool and on the bias. It hasn't photographed well in the past but I'll try to post a new picture of it when I finish this skirt. Thanks for reminding me.