Saturday, July 19, 2008

Wedding 08: Today's the Day!

Well, here I am the morning of the wedding.

The rehearsal yesterday went well despite the incredible heat.* I actually went straight home, had a popsicle, and took a nap because I was so wiped out. Then later at 10PM there was the post-family rehearsal dinner hangout at a local restaurant where the couple knew the owner. We ended up having the back patio to ourselves and I got to catch up with people I hadn't seen since college.

One of the funniest things of the night was finding out that despite my thinking that I didn't remember the groom at all from those days that once someone mentioned his old girlfriend (as in BradandAngelina) I suddenly remembered him. You know how there are couples that unfortunately get defined as a unit, so that alone they loose context and look familiar but there's just something missing. Well, that was this, once the couple moniker was used an image formed in my brain. Funny.

I ended up leaving around 2:30AM. Wow.

I want to show you a few images of items that were created for the wedding. Hopefully, I will have time to get better pictures of them on-site with my camera since I don't have the patience to wait for the professional pictures.

Table Centerpiece



The glass hurricane vases have moss inside that anchors ivory-painted willow branches with attached crystals. Since this pic, it was decided that pink and cream roses will also go around the lip of the vase, forcing the ivory painted willow stems together and giving them more of a massed look. I don't have a picture of that yet, but it will look great.



The base of the hurricanes will be surrounded by various shapes of candles in shades of cream, white, and a pale pink that the bride calls Blush. However, when I hear that, all I see and hear is Julia Roberts saying "my colors are blush and bashful" from Steel Magnolias. What you can't see clearly in the picture (and I haven't seen in person) are little glass marbles that the bride made with their initials and the wedding date along with "Blush" napkins printed with the same information.

Bouquet


these will become this
 


Favors


There's chocolate in there!

However, that's not all, because two days before the wedding the bride has also created table signs and name cards with a system for designating if you want the beef or chicken entree. Yes, a very busy bride!

There are also silver electric lantern lamps, beautiful white mini-lanterns to light the paths and to be suspended by shepherds hooks in the garden, hundreds of candle tapers, and silver urns to hold the bouquets at the reception. Yes, that's a lot. We don't think everything will be used but why not have everything at your disposal? We can always edit.

Just in my car alone, I will be carrying the painted event sign, five packs of votive candles for the mini lanterns, the electric lanterns, a black and white embroidered table runner, the favors, a bolt of ivory tulle, and a new cake platter!

Well, I'm going to go now, there is still lots to do, including a secret mission! I'll let you know how it all goes, ok?


*I've totally changed my mind on what I'm wearing because of it. No full-length lined linen dress for me!

No comments: