Monday, March 10, 2008

I Now Have Glamour

A friend of mine gave me a subscription to Vogue a few Christmases ago. More recently, she gave me a subscription to Domino (Yay!)

After more than a year, I just recently had the brainstorm to contact Condé Nast and change my Vogue subscription to another one of their mags. Why? Even though I enjoyed some of the clothes in Vogue and Jeffrey Steingarten's food column, I almost always finished reading the magazine feeling tense, hostile, and extremely political.

Why? Those people that the stories are written about and the fashion pages showing the celebrities of New York society, only famous for their money. Wasn't this the first magazine in which I heard of Paris and Nicky Hilton?

The magazine is the farthest from my personality and style that you can get and it's amazing that I received it for more than a year before seeking a solution. I have an article that I cut out months ago that really incensed me and is the ultimate in the mags offenses. I will post some of it once I find it again.

So because this is fun sick day, I am going to sit back and read the March and April issues of my replacement Glamours that arrived today, yes both of them on the same day!

I'll let you know if they make me angry. Then we will know if it's the magazine content or me.

2 comments:

Gladys Strickland said...

Thank you for posting this! I've been feeling the same way about Vogue - it doesn't really have anything to do with my life. However, I didn't realize that I could transfer it to another one of their publications. So, I just got off the phone and will start getting Domino with the May issue! Yay!

lsaspacey said...

I'm glad I could help!