Tuesday, August 17, 2010

While I'm Away...

Note: I'm posting again because I don't want anyone else to miss out on this opportunity. The following WILL happen and will probably be my first post after I get back from break.

UPDATE: Bought my tickets! This IS going to happen!

I've been a bit mad at myself because I couldn't attend (no $) the Golden Age of Couture exhibit at Nashville's Frist Center with Gertie and the gang, but I think I found something to appease myself:

Loretta Young

ICONS OF COSTUME: HOLLYWOOD’S GOLDEN ERA

This exhibit is still up and runs through September 5, 2010 at the James A. Michener Art Museum in Doylestown, PA. Tickets are only $10 and I can drive to Pennsylvania!!

About the exhibit:

"This exhibit features the fashions and accessories worn by luminous film stars such as Elizabeth Taylor, Errol Flynn, Audrey Hepburn, Warren Beatty, Barbara Stanwyck (!), Gene Kelly, Loretta Young, Arnold Schwarzenegger and many others. More than 50 costumes and objects present the still-influential designs of celebrated fashion designers, from the 1940s through the 1990s, including Edith Head, Adrian, Walter Plunkett, Orry-Kelly (!), Bob Mackie and others of legendary renown. Drawn, in part, from numerous films that were nominated for an Academy Award for Best Costume, six of them took the Oscar home"

Barbara Stanwyck!!!

I found out about this from a fascinating blog, Worn Through, which covers fashion from an academic perspective. Go check it out!

Images: James A. Michener Art Museum

No comments: