Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Knit Cardigan - Simplicity 2560

Pattern: Simplicity 2560

Pattern Description: Misses' Knit Cardigans

Pattern Sizing: View A in size 14, no alterations

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes, it did.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes, very much. Because this was a knit I used a combination of straight and zigzag stitches on the seams.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I loved the flowing nature of the design.

Fabric Used: Rayon/Spandex knit in Potent Purple from Jo-Ann Fabrics, $9.75.


Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: Besides lengthening the sleeves as much as the pattern layout would allow (to right below my elbows) I made no other alterations to the pattern. I hemmed and double stitched the sleeve hems to look like a twin-needle. At first I wanted to leave the edges raw, scared of the hem stretching out and rippling. However, I ended up hemming the piece because it just didn't feel finished without that step. It worked out fine, probably because the fabric is three layers at that point. Next time I will add more length to the sleeves even if I have to piece them.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes. I highly recommend this pattern, it was an incredibly easy and quick sew.

Conclusion: A very comfortable cardigan that could be made out of even thicker sweater knit for a more substantial feel.

3 comments:

Saint Pudalia said...

I LOVE that color combination you have going!

Cathe said...

So nice to see this pattern in real time. I have picked it up many times and now convinced it's a great addition to the wardrobe. I also love your linen dress and the addition on the hem, so smart and a perfect solution!

Leslie said...

I love your version of this pattern! That purple is gorgeous. I found your blog while looking for reviews on this pattern and it looks like a winner. Can't wait to make it this year myself.