Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Google Reader...Ugh And Oy Vey

Okay, I have not made up my mind on what to do about Google Reader’s eminent death. I’ve been sitting back and learning about others’ experiences to form my opinion. Today, I came across an article listing some alternatives, some I've never heard of and thought maybe it would be helpful to others.

From MarketingLand.com: 12 Google Reader Alternatives

The most interesting thing on there is Bloglines. Yes, remember Bloglines?! I moved to Google Reader when they were closing down. Well, now it seems they're back. Weird right?

Within the list I noticed that some readers are only available on mobile devices so those and the ones that only work on Macs are out for me. I also would need one that can still be accessed on Windows because that is what's at work. Do you have any suggestions that fit that criteria?

Update: I choose Bloglovin'!

5 comments:

Anne At Large said...

I am trying Bloglovin' and so far it has been pretty painless. I was pretty used to Google Reader so there is some figuring-it-out still but nothing annoying. Also they have it set up so it is about two clicks to import all of your stuff from Google Reader. I use it on a Windows machine. Hope that helps!

Cosmo said...

I am using feedly which is pretty nice so far. I like that I can use it with chrome and firefox and my android phone.

Claire (aka Seemane) said...

I am trying out Feedly (but I hate that it only imports 1 tag per article - and I always multi-tag my saved articles), and Bloglovin + "The Old Reader", although the last one is taking forver to import my settings (days now - but I guess that their servers must be overloaded with new users leaving Google LOL!)

Claire (aka Seemane) said...

P.S. I don't like that Bloglovin doesn't import my tags/folders from Google Reader either :(!!! And that I cannot store feeds/articles in more than one folder + that I cannot tag articles/posts at all :(

Anonymous said...

I tried Feedly and it was great but unfortunately does not work with Internet Explorer and they have no interest in fixing that. Currently on BlogLovin and adjusting well.