I mean, besides writing about our frustrations on our blogs? I know I haven't been. I think going direct might be the best way to let them know how we feel about certain things like excess ease, finished garment measurements, more plus-size styles, a larger size range, more creative styles, etc. I think it will make more of an impression if we contact them personally.*
Update: I just sent my first email letter to Simplicity 6/14/2013. I'll let you know if/what I hear back from them.
Note: I don't have a large readership so I would appreciate it if you either link back to this page or provide this same information to your readers. I really think we can get something done.
McCall's Pattern Company
Customer service hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM Eastern time.
For a fast response they can be reached by web form; Vogue here, McCall's here, and Butterick here.
If you would rather write them:
- Vogue Patterns 120 Broadway, 34th floorNew York, New York 10271
- McCall Patterns 120 Broadway, 34th floorNew York, New York 10271
- Butterick Patterns 120 Broadway, 34th floorNew York, New York 10271
Simplicity Creative Group
- 1 (888) 588-2700
- Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, EST
- Leave a message if calling off-hours; one of their reps should return your message as soon as possible next business day.
- Include a subject line to let them know which department to send your inquiry.
*I used to be "that" person who sent hand-written letters to companies and editors when something didn't feel right and most of the time I received satisfaction. In fact, with one letter and two photographs I was able to get out of a $100 parking ticket in Washington, DC! It really works.