After writing up and documenting the kitchen project, I decided to do the same for the first house project I did, the guest bathroom.
My initial goal was to paint over the loud tangerine paint that practically screamed at you from the walls. I found a warm white paint that coordinated with the unusual taupe wall tile. I also primed and painted the outdated builder's grade oak vanity cabinet and mirror. After first searching for a darker taupe or driftwood color, I instead chose a gorgeous, rich green to make it the room's focal point. The last step was painting some of the picture frames to hide that they were not in the best condition.
|The wall paint had matched the orange border in this artwork.|
- One quart Behr Ultra Interior Satin Enamel in Coconut Twist, $16.48
- 32 oz. Kilz-2 All Purpose Interior/Exterior water-based multi-surface primer/sealer/stain blocker, $8.48
- 32 oz. Minwax Water-Based Polycrylic Protective Finish in Clear Satin, $17.97
- Frogtape 36mm Multi-surface painter's tape with PaintBlock, $7.97
- One quart Valspar Signature Satin Tintable Interior Paint in Southern Garden, $16.98
- Moen Adler 4" Centerset 2-handle bathroom faucet in Spot Resist Brushed Nickel, $49
- One gallon Behr Marquee in Cocoa Malt satin enamel low-odor paint & primer, $44.98 (Used on the picture frames only)
- Leviton 2-gang Midway toggle nylon wall plate in Light Almond, $1.28
- Leviton Decora 1-gang Midway nylon wall plate in Light Almond, $.87
- Target Threshold 72" x 72" Stripe Shower Curtain in Beige, $20
- Target Opalhouse Perfectly Soft Solid Bath Towel, Hand Towel, and Washcloth in Sandalwood, $6, $5, and $4
- Target Made By Design solid bath rug in Cream, $8
- Target Made By Design Collapsible Hamper w/ Laundry Bag in Light Gray (Ǹot Shown), $15