You know these can’t be good for you. But they sound so good.
Recipe courtesy Paula Deen
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1 sleeve buttery rectangular crackers (recommended: Waverly Wafers*)
1 pound sliced bacon, cut in 1/2
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Place 1 teaspoon of the cheese on each cracker and wrap tightly with a strip of bacon.
- Place the wrapped crackers on a broiler rack on a baking sheet and put the baking sheets on the oven rack.
- Bake for 2 hours, or until the bacon is done. Do not turn. Drain on paper towels. Serve hot or at room temperature.
- Cook's note: You can also bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes if you're in a hurry!
Grilled Cheese with Peanut Butter
From The Peanut Butter & Co. Cookbook, by Lee Zalben (Quirk Books).
2 slices white bread
2 tablespoons Smooth Operator™ or Crunch Time™ peanut butter*
3 slices American cheese, preferably orange or yellow
- Preheat a grill pan or griddle over medium heat.
- Spread the butter on one side of each slice of bread. Spread the peanut butter on the other side of one of the slices. Lay the cheese on the peanut butter and top with the other slice of bread, butter side up.
- Place the sandwich on the grill pan. Cook the sandwich for about 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Remove to a cutting board, slice in half, and serve immediately.
* In Virginia, you can find their peanut butters at most Ukrops, Krogers, or Whole Foods.