Thursday, January 18, 2007

Money, money, money

I received approval for both the Sallie Mae and Citibank school loans!

Citibank's CitiAssist decreased the amount that I asked for by $3,000 (?) but Sallie Mae will supply the complete amount. That amount will cover tuition for the three 2007 semesters (including the summer session), university fees, parking, textbooks, miscellaneous items, such as that CPS unit, plus a little extra.

I do still want to see the final interest rate figures from both lenders, but it looks like Sallie Mae will be the one.

Update:
I was also approved by another lender, but apparently my great credit rating didn't mean anything to them because they were still choosing to add a lot of additional fees even though I would already be in debt for the next 10-15 years. So, no thanks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

student loans suck, but I'm still very excited for you !
study hard and make it worth the loan!

Ms Kat said...

go with sallie mae. They have really good payback incentives for when you finish school. Good Luck