I must not should myself...
I realized a few weeks ago that every thing on my To-Do list is a should instead of a want.
Sometimes I'm so involved in thinking of all the things I need to get done that I overburden my mind before I can even start and end up paralyzing myself.No wonder I feel exhausted and overwhelmed even though nothing seems to be getting done.
Just a few highlights of the never ending list:
- Get a job to sustain myself after 9 months of loan-supported freedom.
- Get great grades in this semester's Grad school-level class.
- Learn HTML and CSS in order to update my blogs and to add those skills to my resume.
- Volunteer for more organizations. (finally made a Habitat for Humanity orientation meeting!)
- Put up ten birch shelves in the living room.
- Put up 20 or more pictures on my walls.
- Make two shirts, 3 dresses, and hem 3 pairs of pants.
- Paint a table, one armoire, and one bedroom dresser.
- De-clutter all of my closets and get rid of unneeded items.
So what is it that I actually WANT?
- Make more friends in town.
- Obtain a job that challenges me and that I enjoy.
- Find time for a man I like and that likes me.
- ...oh yeah, finish up my degree. You know, the whole reason I moved back to this city in the first place.