Thursday, September 03, 2009

The Ones That Got Away...

I have a bad habit of talking myself out of buying vintage patterns. Vintage patterns that I never see again at a good price. I make the mistake of saying the following to myself:
  • When will I ever find the time to make this?
  • Where will I wear it if I did?
  • I can't believe they're charging that much for it.
  • It's too time-consuming of a pattern.
  • I don't have the money to treat myself to anything I don't definitely need right now.
So, I missed out on these and regret it every time I see them.

Simplicity 8858
I would have used this one to create a snug fitting shell.


Simplicity 4920 and 3472

McCall's 8141, another try at this look?

Simplicity 4181

Vogue 7674, sophisticated, no?

Simplicity 2089
If I ever decide to get married this would be the one

So now these patterns are all back on my wish list. Though I still have to get the money to buy them, guilt-free. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

drwende said...

Pat yourself on the back for not having a stash of patterns you couldn't afford and don't have time to use. When the stars align for you to make these dresses, the patterns will show up again.

Antoinette said...

I agree with what drwende said! Completely!

A DC said...

I love those patterns. You would look great in that wedding dress. You'll stumble across the patterns again. :)