Thursday, June 09, 2011

In The Details: Vogue 9785 Scares Me!



The concept is very clever but is anyone else as frightened by these illustrations as I am?!

I think what creeps me out the most is that second skirt there and how the hand from the cape model seems to belong to it, like a little torso-missing person or a tiny women hiding under the skirt like a female Cousin It. Ewww.

Note: Oops, I forgot to explain the above pattern. It is for a garment meant to be worn as a cape and as a skirt. Can you believe it! Like I said, the concept is clever and inventive but it would only work if you use the right fabric.

Image: Pattern available at Out of the Ashes Collectibles.

7 comments:

Debi said...

ooohhh! That is creepy!!!

Elaray said...

Yes, creepy …… but also funny!!!!

Saint Pudalia said...

How strange! Is that other model wearing the skirt as a cape?

lsaspacey said...

Kristin,

Yes, that is exactly what the pattern is -- a garment that can be worn both as a cape and as a skirt. Can you believe It!

I have to admit it is very clever but only if you use the right fabric, of course.

Bissy said...

Yes, totally agree. Something about that illustration...

Noile said...

Ohhh, I love it! I think I've got just the right fabric, too . . .

Just think: A nice cowl sweater, slim pants, and this skirt. It's fall, late afternoon, and the temperature is dropping. No need to shiver -- just step behind a tree, and pull the skirt up to your shoulders.

Hmm, maybe that IS a bit creepy . . . I may make it anyway!

lsaspacey said...

Please Noile, do it!!