Friday, April 20, 2012

I Must Be A Real Sewing Blogger Now...

if I wasn't one before, I just got myself a part-time job at a fabric store!

How much of a stereotype am I?

I will be working some weekend hours at Quilting Adventures at Willow Lawn.

Yes. It is a fabric store and yes, that could be dangerous. They carry the greats, like Moda, Alexander Henry, Amy Butler, some gorgeous Kaffe Fasset, Kokka, However, they are in the process of phasing out their garment fabric so I should be okay. Unless, of course I get hooked on making quilts (see below).

As part of my training I am required to take a beginner quilt class in order to be familiar with the process. I will be making a Four Patch quilt. So, expect to see trial color and pattern fabric combinations here when the time comes.

4 comments:

Noile said...

Congratulations! (I think -- just keep your wallet in your pocket. Maybe you'll get so sick of fabric that you don't end up buying anything? I've heard that works at candy stores!)

Kerry said...

Congratulations on the new job!

Antoinette said...

Congrats! I'll be joining you on the quilt path this year. Babies popping on the scene for some friends.

Rochelle New said...

I too work at a fabric boutique and I have to warn you, your first pay check will most likely be spent on fabrics! I know from experience haha! We sell primarily quilting cottons, but that doesn't stop me from making nearly all my garments out of it! You've been forewarned ;)