Friday, June 08, 2012

Long Time, No See - Wrap-Up

Wow, I didn’t know this but when you take a break from your blog it’s really hard to start back up again. There’s suddenly so much to write about but you feel too lazy to type out all of the posts that are forming in your head. So, I’m going to start with a bullet point run-down of what’s been going down, you dig? Then later I’ll flesh out a few points into their own posts, ok?

Let’s go:

Received my diploma and hopefully, will never step foot on campus again, if I can help it.

Have been working every Sunday at the part-time job. Loving it, but it takes a sewing day away from me. Everything must now be done on Saturday.

Participated in Race For The Cure in D.C. on June 12 in the most glorious weather.

Visited the National Museum of the American Indian. Great tour and a truly gorgeous building, infinity pond and locally-sourced indigenous garden.

Used the unfitted Komen race tee shirt to try out my possible TNT customized knit tee shirt pattern. It still needs some work on the back armhole.*

Used the last of my Etsy money to purchase Grainline’s Scout Woven Tee because my woven tee shirt pattern wasn’t working out. I also got her Tiny Pocket Tank pattern. Can’t wait to try it out.*

Have two projects cut out and ready to sew, New Look 6939 (dress) and Vogue 9745 (pants).*

Contemplating my Vogue 7714 duster coat and it's massive amount of ease, broke down and used an online sale to purchase two new contenders, New Look 6656 and New Look 6270 that have more reasonable 4"-6" of ease in bust and hips along with a back seam to take care of sway-back issues. Muslins forthcoming, nearer to fall.

Coming up:

A mega-sale in my Etsy shop, Metamorphpursuit!

Some stash-busting quick projects. (see Grainline bullet point above)

Details on my up-coming beginner quilt class.



*Expect an individual post.

3 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

Congrats on your diploma!!! It's a great accomplishment, ask me I know. You've done so many interesting things in such a short time. Great sewing plans too!

Denise said...

I vote for 6656.

lsaspacey said...

Denise,
Why, have you made 6656 before or seen someones' version?