Thursday, June 21, 2012

What's On My Plate...

I loved sewing up the Scout tee, so easy, so quick and now I have a go-to t-shirt pattern.


I hope to adapt that pattern to create the two styles above.
  • In eyelet: Raise the neckline and change to bateau, perhaps have a button and loop closure at back. Shorten the shirt body and lengthen the sleeves to a touch past my elbows.
  • In knits: Trace pattern 1 to 2 sizes smaller and shorten the original sleeves by 1-1/2 inches.
Eventually, I want to purchase one of the great Art Gallery prints we have at work to make into a Grainline tee. Their fabric is the softest* of the quilting fabrics we sell besides the Alexander Henry lawns.

I also think some of the batiks or aboriginal prints in stock would look great in the Tiny Pocket tank. Or this incredible Ikat at eQuilter!








Since I have so much of that brown print fabric left I'm going to use it for a few more wearable muslins; the Grainline Tiny Pocket Tank and this free french blouse pattern from Advantages magazine that's been everywhere on Pinterest.

Flea Market Fancy Posie in Turquoise

For the french blouse I want to finally use my Denyse Schmidt yardage plus make a detachable neck tie for it too.









Coming up soon: My new shift dress made from New Look 6939. I just have to get it hemmed and then photographed!

*Must be the 100% Pima Cotton?

5 comments:

Audrey said...

I like the lace version of the T that you are suggesting. How do you resist spending your paycheck on all the lovely fabrics at work?

lsaspacey said...

Audrey,
Easy.
1. Even with the 40-hr a week job I still don't make enough money.
2. Each time I go in I can't make up mind, there are SO many beautiful pieces.
3. My list of projects at home really need to be made first AND from my already existing stash!
If you ever come in on a Sunday, say hi!

Juliet said...

Oh gosh, your fabric selections are so lovely! Also, I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award - Love your blog!
http://crazygypsychronicles.blogspot.co.nz/2012/06/walking-on-sunshine.html

full length mother of the bride dresses said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cathe said...

Oh the Scout T -shirt is lovely and your fabrics will really make beautiful tops. I purchased the pattern after seeing yours, I'm so inspired and love your thinking on lengthening the sleeves. The French blouse is a gem too!