As of today:
- I sewed up a muslin of the French Advantages magazine top. The bodice was fine but the sleeve armscye was a mess and the sleeves far too tight.
- I have cut out both sheer tops in Vogue 9772.
- Made another wood bead necklace, this time much larger and with two-tiers (photo is forthcoming)
- I have prepared this free underwear pattern and selected options from my knit scraps.
- I am tempted to start on my eyelet version of the Scout Tee.
I'm procrastinating on the dress because I have to add a panel of a different fabric to the bottom to make an appropriate length. The A. Henry fabric does not wrinkle easily but the red challis I found for the panel does. I'm also scared about cutting the hem evenly across. I want to double up the challis and use the fold as the bottom of the dress, more like a facing so the base dress really has to be even. Attaching the challis that way will give the challis a bit more body and make it similar to the drape of the cotton print.
So, you can imagine, my living room is a disaster. I need to start ticking off these projects. This weekend is my first in a long time that is two days in a row because I don't work this Sunday. I hope to get some stuff accomplished. Wish me luck.
*Credit to Carly Simon.