Saturday, July 07, 2007

Who understands frequent flyer miles?

Years ago, I used to travel for my job as an event planner for government and non-profit companies. I thought it would be wise to sign up with the airlines in order to get as many perks as I could. Of course, not long after that I left that job to return to college. I now have various mileage totals at about 4 different commercial airlines and I have no idea how to use them now.

Can someone please explain it to me?

For example: I have 3,500 miles with US Airways. Is this actually worth anything? No matter how much I search on their website, I can't find a simple chart listing how many miles equals one free flight or how many needed for an upgrade. That's all we really want to know, right? Why must they make it so hard?

No comments: