Thursday, December 06, 2007

Sweet Potato Loveliness

I have not posted a recipe in a long time.

Well, here's one that made my mouth water. This one comes from the same place the first sweet potato one did, Apartment Therapy: The Kitchen* and the recipe is here.

Just look at that and tell me that doesn't look good? I immediately thought it would only get better if you added some crispy bacon to it and I rarely eat any pork products.

Well, have you ever had sweet potato fries? If not, you have to try them. I get my crinkle-cut fries from McCain at the grocery store. For ultimate crispiness in fries, always get the crinkle-cut. I've heard some people dip their fries in maple syrup but I think that's a bit overkill. I think they are better matched with seasonings and salt.

Country Living oven-baked version
Food Network version with basil salt and a garlic mayonnaise

*now simply known as The Kitchn.

No comments: