Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Lemon Ice Sorbetto - Colette Patterns



What a perfect name, right?

That's what Wright's calls the color bias binding that I used for this top, Lemon Ice. The fabric is a re-purposed yellow gingham cotton-blend pillowcase that is soft from use.



For this version of the Sorbetto, I started with scooping out the neckline some. Jewel necklines are not as flattering on me as a scoop or v-neck. I also decided to have the pleat inverted, thinking it would be more loose, unfortunately, for some reason, it looks like I should have done a FBA because it's pulling horizontally and causing vertical stress lines too? Why, when the Sorbetto with the pleat sewn up fits is this one too tight?

Details



I did my piping without the last top-stitching step in the instructions and hand sewed by piping on the inside with a clean, smooth finish on the outside.



The substantial hem appropriated from the pillowcase that this top once was. You can really see it in the pictures above.

7 comments:

molly said...

Very pretty!

Audrey said...

So pretty, I can't beleive the fabric was pillow case in it former life.

Denise Calhoun said...

So very cute!

Shelly said...

This is gorgeous. I love the colour.

Claire (aka Seemane) said...

It's so bright and fresh looking - love it :)!

Sai said...

Oooh I love what you´ve done with Sorbetto. The box pleat is an ingenius idea!

Anonymous said...

Such a cute and comfy looking top. I like the box pleat too. Mary