Thursday, April 22, 2010

I went to Jo-Anns...

and came home with 155 patterns.

Free.

No, I did NOT steal them from Jo-Anns but received them out of the back seat of a local reader's car! This lovely woman; Pat, contacted me a few weeks ago after I posted about my recent pattern splurge. She had lucked out on purchasing six boxes of patterns at a yard sale (all for $10!) and now desperately wanted the rest of them out of her house in order to declutter. We've all been there, right?

She had a feeling I might want them or would know what to do with them, so we arranged to meet at Jo-Ann's (tempting fate, right?) to do the exchange and talk sewing.
THANKS PATRICIA!!!!!

After I got home that night, I went through them pretty quickly to pick the ones that I wanted, at first sight. I was amazed at how many Vogue patterns there were (59!) and how many of these patterns were untouched; about 95%.

Right now, I'm just letting it all absorb in. Obviously, I don't want to keep all of them either. I found 15 that I want to keep (including one I'll write about later). So, there may be some give-aways or they may all end up in my little, forgotten Etsy shop, DragonFly. All I have done up to this point is sort them out according to pattern brand:
  • Burda = 10
  • Butterick = 18
  • McCalls = 21
  • Simplicity = 12
  • Style = 2
  • Vogue = 59!

They also range in age from mid-1970s to the late 1990's. Believe me, I will definitely post the scary ones from the 1980s. More pictures are available on Flickr and if you see anything you must have, just let me know.

8 comments:

Tasia said...

Oh, my, god! 155 FREE patterns, think of the possibilities... I will have to check out your photos to see your loot! Looking forward to seeing the scary 80's ones, too :)

Debi said...

WoW!!! That is so great...can't wait to see photos!

Julia said...

What fun to go through all those patterns!

Mariela Alethia said...

WoW! What a loot!

jen said...

holy doodle, that is a lot of patterns!

when i've bought patterns in bulk (i.e. lots on ebay) i saved the ones i really like and also the ones i thought were just ok. funny though, b/c some of the ones i liked a lot i don't as much now, and the so-so ones are the patterns i want to make! (so i guess i'm saying maybe don't give them away too quickly, you might change your mind! although i understand the need to de-clutter.)

Kyle said...

holy cow!! what a gold mine!!

amélie /mydaruma said...

waou!!! You are really lucky. Why does this king of things NEVER happen to me.... Anyways enjoy! And now, i guess you better get to work...
Ps: first visit here. I'm glad to discover your blog!

Anonymous said...

How generous and fun! I love blog friends---they are the best!