Wednesday, August 05, 2009

R.I.P.: July 28, 2009


Augustus, the family dog
Originally uploaded by lsaspacey
His name was Augustus W., but I called him "Auggie-doggie." He was my sister's dog for the last ten years. Because no one else in the family owned a pet, I considered him the family dog; he just happened to live in New Jersey.

Unfortunately, sweet gentle Auggie had to be put down last Tuesday because of rapidly growing cancer. Although I only got to see him but once or twice a year, I always looked forward to those visits.

He will be sorely missed.

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

I'm so sorry. Losing a pet that you love even if it's not yours is always hard.

Antoinette said...

So sorry. Looks like he was a great dog and was well loved.

A DC said...

I'm so sorry...he looks like he was a big sweetie.