Sunday, May 04, 2008

WT: Meming the meme

Something easy? Yay! 

What accessories do you wear everyday? A silver moonstone ring I bought in New Orleans years ago. 

What is your beauty routine? I use proactiv cleanser and repairing lotion. Yes, it works! However, I mistakenly take a break every once in a while and my skin rebels horribly. I have just started using it before I go to sleep and hopefully will be able to keep this up regularly. The only negative is that washcloths get splotchy and ruined because of the benzoyl peroxide and must be hidden when guests are over. 

What was the last item of clothing (for yourself) that you purchased? This cute outfit which I winningly wore last Friday!  
Do you use a dresser, closet, or both? Both. 

What type of earrings are in your ears right now? None. I used to wear earrings all the time. However, I have a bad habit of losing only one of a pair all the time. Not into the mismatched earring thing, I stopped replacing them. I am currently trying to start up again and bought a cheap set of varying size silver hoops on a whim. With my short hairdo, they go a long way in projecting a feminine look long after the lipstick has faded for the day. 

Do you wear glasses? Yes, unfortunately. I think my eyes are my best feature therefore I resent having to wear them. No, don't suggest contacts, I suffer from dry-eye syndrome and the thought of peeling them off of my eyeballs everyday is just not appealing. Laser surgery...even less so. 

Do you wear makeup? Yes, but not as much as I think I should. I wore more makeup in high school than in the last eight years. The routine has diminished so much that it's lipstick only now, that is if I have time as I run out the door in the morning. Touch-ups during the day are another matter. However, as the years go by it seems my eyelashes* are bailing on me, so eyeliner or mascara might return and also maybe some translucent powder. I am still single and need to make an effort. I guess. 

What is your favorite perfume? I'm allergic to certain components in some perfumes so I don't wear any personally and because I don't know exactly which ones I won't have a problem with, unfortunately, I also hope my co-workers don't wear them either (so far, so good this time). However, years ago I fell in love with Benneton's defunct scent Tribu. I actually bought a small bottle ten or so years ago because it smelled so good, like strong Ethiopian mint tea. I still have the bottle, all washed out now, and displayed in my bathroom.

 
Note: Just found out what was in it: BENETTON created TRIBU perfume in 1993. It is the result of the following top fragrance notes: violet, black currant and rose. The middle notes are: geranium, ylang-ylang and sandalwood and the base of the fragrance is: vetiver, oakmoss and cedarwood.
Sounds yummy, right? 

Is your motto "quality over quantity" when it comes to clothing and accessories? Despite making my own clothes, my idea of quality is highly subjective since I could always reinforce a seam, change the buttons, remove elastic, add elastic, etc. Lack of money takes care of that quantity bit too.

Do you wear rain boots? No, only because changing shoes is not that efficient, though I just got tempted by these

Do you wear socks or slippers when your feet get cold? My feet are covered 95% of the time and like Wendy are covered with a blanket when I'm curled up on the sofa. I rarely "sit" on my sofa; curl up, lounge, or lay are better descriptions. 

Do you have a set of travel luggage? Yes, I own a basic set of three in black; small rolling cart, a rolling garment bag, and an overnight bag. However, my goal is to only travel with one of the set at a time. When I traveled for my job, I considered myself a failure if I had to check any luggage. Therefore, when I went to Ireland after 9/11, I read the new guidelines for each of the airlines I would be using and bought my luggage in the smallest size recommended. (I'll probably write a post about that experience later as it worked out so well.) Six days in Ireland: no baggage checked. 

If you are married, did you wear a veil with your wedding dress? Not married. Yet. Probably will not wear a wedding veil. Loving this look with the hair, so this will probably be the way for me.

actress Thandie Newton (w/ Ol Parker) 

Do you wear a watch? I used to, then I kept putting off getting the battery replaced. Do need to fix that at some point, it might fix my tardiness problem. Do you prefer zippers or buttons? I prefer zippers in ready-to-wear and in homemade garments. If I ever buy a new sewing machine, making buttonholes will be a major factor. *The eyelashes that I have left now grow every which way but out and up. I had to buy an eyelash curler just to keep them from poking me in the eye. Does anyone else have this problem?

No comments: