Friday, October 10, 2008

Hmmm, Target...

Whoever thinks Target doesn't have cute clothes needs to check out UNIFORM Studio's daily target Flickr set. She made me a born-again Target shopper with these looks. Since I can't afford her designs (which I wrote about here) maybe I can afford these.

After seeing this Target cardigan on Wiksten I was already going there this weekend but after looking at this set I just had to let my eyes wander from the sweater area a bit...

I went yesterday evening and tried on a few things, unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me. These are four possibilities but I didn't buy anything at the time. I'm going back today (with camera) to record and then mull over them before I commit to any money changing hands.

"Wiksten" cardigan, $35
Ombre sweater dress, $28

Converse Denim Blazer, $35
Orange Argyle, $18 (actually cheaper online)

5 comments:

drwende said...

Target's always delightful - they do major brand shoe knock-offs, too.

I'll apologize here for my brain-fry in thinking you did WT #2 rather than WT #1. It's probably not the noblest apology, as I'm intending to take advantage of your sewing expertise by linking to some of your posts, but it's sincere.

Anonymous said...

I feel the same about Target -- LOVE! GO International RULZ.

scb said...

I'm loving them all, but I especially like the sweater dress because of the way the color changes.

Anonymous said...

Given the overflowing state of my closet, every time I go to Target, I stay faaar away from the clothing section. Though Martha's flickr shots definitely do tempt me!

Antoinette said...

I've found it hard to resist some of Target's clothes, esp. the Rogan line from early summer -- I think I have 3 (!!!) pieces from that collection. I've kept my buying to a minimum by never purchasing at full price. If it makes it to the clearance rack, I feel like maybe it was meant to be. :)

I do find it interesting that Target has lately been producing clothes under the Go International line, without the partnership of a major fashion label. What a smart, smart retail strategy...