Thursday, June 05, 2008

I have been tagged!

...by Zoosa, and here are my answers:

1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
Isn't it sad I have to look at my resume to figure out the year in context? At this point in 1998, I was in a job with no real advancement as the publishing company was actively downsizing and preparing to be sold. I started in the advertising department as support and then was groomed in Corporate Communications by my former boss (that's were I got my taste and talent for event planning). However, when she left, her job was given to someone in the editorial department! The guy knew nothing about what we were doing (and didn't care to learn) which seemed to be fine by the President. So all corporate communications were still handled by me and it seems his job was to wheel and deal free stuff for the higher ups from the studios and manufacturers that advertised and were featured in our magazine. That was definitely not a job for me. The way the company operated was starting to disgust me. Oh yes, I was naive! Little did I know what I would experience a few years later...
2. Five non-work things to do on my list today:
a. Wash my mound of dishes, I had a mini-pizza last night just so I wouldn't need utensils!
b. Start stitching up some simple purses, a warm-up for the real sewing to come.
c. Take my rent check to the landlord and beg them not to cash it this week or at least until after Friday!
d. Lay out the pattern for my first Mini-Wardrobe project.
e. Write a few draft posts for my SHELTER blog. I've been slacking over there.
3. Snacks I enjoy:
Vanilla yogurt and granola. Handfuls of almonds and raisins. Oranges. Apples with Havarti cheese.
4. Things I would do if I was a billionaire:
I would start a foundation, donate heavily to PBS, establish self-esteem programs in schools, fund scholarships, and provide quality health care to as many people as I could.
5. Places I have lived:
A military base in Germany, Washington State, and since 1974, all the places I have lived have been in Virginia. I SO need to move somewhere out of state, sometime in my life.
6. Jobs I have held:
Associate at a one-hour photo lab, a high school and beyond part-time job
Barista (coffee gal) at a local coffee shop
Corporate Communications associate at a publishing company
Accounts Manager/Event planner at a public relations firm
Dealer Services associate (don't even ask, this was the hardest job description ever written in order to make it understandable to an outsider)
Archives, still loving it!

1 comment:

zooza said...

That all sounds very interesting, although I have to admit I don't understand what half those jobs are about! Archives Assistant I do understand and know it is a fascinating job. Lucky you!

Also, you've just reminded me of the existence of havarti. I haven't had that for years. Must buy some...