Thursday, March 05, 2009

3.1, Phillip, I Love You!!

LOVE*

I am now a Phillip Lim fan. After finding that almost every picture of my desired skirt was made by him, I am still finding that most outfits I see and like are ALSO by him. So let me share with you some of his genius.

 
 

If you look at his stuff on eLuxury, they have a great zoom-over feature that lets you really see the detailing on his garments. Like with the dress above, you must check out the ingenious way the belt is attached to the front of the dress and then check the back view to see the belt itself.

Yes, I can't afford any of them but somehow looking at clothing WAY OUT of your reach is easier than looking at things JUST OUT of reach. Understand?

*If anyone knows of a pattern or tutorial for a dress like this, please let me know, ok?

4 comments:

Gretchen the Household Deity said...

That e-luxury site is cool! Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Love your choices.

drwende said...

Yes, I can't afford any of them but somehow looking at clothing WAY OUT of your reach is easier than looking at things JUST OUT of reach. Understand?

Looking at clothing WAY out of reach removes any implied responsibility to DO anything about wanting it.

This is similar to why I prefer thrift stores to department stores, no matter what my budget. In the thrift, if nothing fits, that's the luck of the draw and has nothing to do with me. In the department store, if nothing fits, there's the implication that I'm funny-shaped.

Anonymous said...

Count me in -- I'm a fan now, too.

the fabled needle (jen) said...

i don't know of an exact pattern but you might be able to alter a built by wendy or a project runway (simplicity?) pattern for the same or similar look.